Artichoke & Leek Risotto

February 17, 2013

risotto A&L 032

Went to make this today and couldn’t believe I’d never posted it!  For a more substantial meal I dice up some chicken breast and add it to the mix. This is a reduced fat version so you can enjoy without too much guilt!

Artichoke & Leek Risotto

In a large sauté pan with some olive oil, sauté together:
1 Cup Artichokes
1 Cup of Sliced Leeks
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 tsp Pepper Blend

Add
1½ Cups Risotto (Arborio Rice)
stir well and cook until light brown. Stir in:
1 Tbsp Chicken Basemay substitute chicken broth for all water
½ Cup White Wine
2 Cups of Warm Water,
stir well, and cook for 5 min.

Add another Cup of Warm Water, stir and cook 5 minutes.
Add another Cup of Warm Water, stir and cook 5 minutes.
Add one last Cup of Warm Water (5 cups total), stir and cook for 5 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.

Test for doneness, add more water if necessary.
Halve a
Lemon
and squeeze over risotto.

Stir in
1/3 Cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
Serve topped with
Grated Parmesan Cheese

1. February 18, 2013 1:11 am

This looks fantastic! I love love love artichokes. And with leeks, I bet it’s so delicious! 🙂

2. February 18, 2013 8:08 am

Trying this soon. Calculated WW points, I’m guessing to be 6 w/o cheese. YUM!

February 18, 2013 9:08 pm

I counted a number of years ago – it’s four as long as you get six servings out of this recipe.

Prot:4.6g Carb:20g Fiber:1.9g Fat:1.8g Chlstrl:4mg Sat Fat:1g Sodium:198mg Cal:126
      If you’re counting:4

February 18, 2013 11:52 am

This sounds wonderful! I’m at a loss, however about how to measure 1 Cup of Artichokes. I’m only familiar with artichokes coming in a ball of thick, prickly-tipped leaves that you have to pull apart to scrape the edible stuff from the part at the base. What am I missing here?

February 18, 2013 9:09 pm

Canned, quartered artichokes, conveniently located in your grocery store aisle 😉

• Pat permalink
        February 19, 2013 4:06 pm

Thank you, Mary, Queen of the Universe.

• Pat permalink
          February 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Well, we’re in the middle of a cold snap and I’m not venturing outside, so no artichokes and no leeks, but I had the Risotto with parmesan for supper tonight and it was glorious!!

4. thebellyrumble permalink
    February 24, 2013 3:55 am

Great recipe. And if you had any leftovers, you could always make arancini 🙂 I tried some with a bacon, leek and pea risotto but I think this artichoke and leek risotto would taste amazing too: http://thebellyrumble.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/arancini-fried-risotto-balls/

February 26, 2013 8:27 pm

I have always wanted to try arancini – thanks for the link! /mary