Pumpkin Vodka

October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Vodka228

~ Mary~

I’ve got a new colleague at work, who makes this every year. It sounded wonderful, so I’ve made a batch myself. Now we’ll just have to wait until Thanksgiving to tell you if it’s true, when we make his recipe for Pumpkin Martinis. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Pumpkin Vodka

In a large ceramic or glass vessel combine:
2 Bottles 1.75 Liter Vodka of Choice
2 Bottles 750ml Vanilla Vodka
10 Cinnamon Sticks
20 Whole Allspice
15 Whole Cloves
2 Vanilla Beans split in half lengthwise
1 Nutmeg split in half
2 Sugar Pumpkins peeled, seeded and diced

Cover and set in a cool area for 4 to 6 weeks. Give it a good stir every few days.

Since I never did get around to doing a separate post of the martini, here it finally is:
Pumpkin Martini
2 Shots Pumpkin Vodka
1/2 Shot Simple Syrup
1 Shot Cream
Pour over ice, shake, strain and serve with a sprinkle of
Fresh Nutmeg

November 1, 2011 10:51 am

Woo-hoo!! Pumpkin Martinis!! That’ll add some kick to Thanksgiving!!!
    I love the picture with your gargoyle!

2. November 4, 2011 11:42 pm

I can’t wait to hear how this turns out… sounds delicious!!

3. November 6, 2011 7:16 pm

Gosh this sounds amazing. A local distillery makes a spirit from distilled pumpkin lager that’s simply fantastic… but I love the fact that this is a “make at home” option. Please give us the full report when it’s finished!

4. familyspice permalink
    November 8, 2011 7:27 pm

Oh, fascinating! We’ve soaked fruit in vodka before but never pumpkin! Very cool!

November 8, 2011 8:47 pm

The pumpkin really is more for aesthetics than anything else – it’s the spices that really make it work.
      ~ Mary

5. November 10, 2011 8:09 am

I think I would be happy if all I had for Thanksgiving were pumpkin martinis. Seriously.

November 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Hey Trix!
      Great to hear from you! I’ve not been participating in the blogosphere lately. I can barely get a weekly post together ;-(