Garlic Bacon Artichoke Pizza

January 18, 2011

I guess it wasn’t very nice to post the Perfect Pizza Crust with the picture of a mouth-watering pizza, and no recipe to go with those toppings.  At least I didn’t tell you, until now, that what you saw had bacon on it.  Yes, bacon!

As all carnivore’s know:  Everything tastes better with bacon!

You will notice that there’s a baking temperature range, the reason:  My oven can go as much as 25 degrees above what I set it too.  So I have baked many pizzas as low as 425° as high as 450° and often times somewhere in between.  They always turn out well, but leave a little guess-work (and oven-sitting) for me each time.  Find a good time/temperature ratio for your pizza and stick to it.

Garlic Bacon Artichoke Pizza

Pizza crust recipe here, or your favorite crust will work fine.

Garlic Sauce

Makes enough for two 14″ pizzas

In a small pan saute`, over medium heat, until very lightly beige:

4 Tbsp minced Garlic
2 tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Oil

Whisk in and saute another 3-4 minutes:

2 Tbsp Wondra or Flour

Add and whisk briskly until nicely thickened:

1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk, 2% milk or 1/2 & 1/2

Set aside to cool.

Whisk in a squeeze of Fresh Lemon Juice (about 1 Tbsp),

Toppings

for one 14″ pizza

Use half of the above recipe for Creamy Garlic Sauce

1 Cup Mozzarella

2-3 Cups Fresh Spinach you can place this on before the cheese too,  either way it works great.  You can see in photos, one has it placed on before the cheese and one after.

1/2 Cup Quartered Artichokes, plain or marinated
1/2 Cup Thick Bacon diced and cooked
1/2 Cup Red Pepper diced

Bake in an oven that’s been pre-heated to 425°-450° for at least a half hour.

Use a Pizza Stone that’s also been in that hot oven for the same half hour.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden around the edges and sufficiently melted in the middle

1. January 18, 2011 8:00 am

Everything does taste better with bacon. 😉 Beautiful pizza.

2. January 18, 2011 12:37 pm

I.Want.That!

My husband hates breakfast for dinner and he’s not eating tonight, so my daughter and I are making breakfast pizzas – problem is Hannah doesn’t like red sauce (I know, where did I go wrong in her upbringing??!) I was wondering what sauce to use and wouldn’t you know you have the perfect one!

Thanks Mary! p.s. I hope to try your perfect pizza crust this weekend! 😀

3. January 18, 2011 9:17 pm

I’ll take two slices to go please! That is right after I replace the monitor I just sliced into… Fabulous photo!!!

4. Leonor permalink
    January 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Hey mary! I couldn’t find you on FB! But hey I thought you would love this website! http://www.foodnetworkhumor.com They poke fun at the dumb food network stars.. and remember that kwanzaa cake you posted a while back?? http://foodnetworkhumor.com/2010/12/origins-of-sandra-lees-horrifying-kwanzaa-cake/

hehe hoohooo 🙂

I miss you! hope you’re well.

January 20, 2011 7:21 am

Hey Sister!
      That article was posted on the Huffington Post website, then they DELETED it! So glad you found it for me.
      Great to hear from you!

5. January 20, 2011 9:49 pm

That’s a pretty serious looking pizza…and the garlic sauce sounds, well, pretty serious too. Yum! Theresa

6. January 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Looks wonderful….great veggie-meat combo:)

7. January 21, 2011 9:00 am

That’s my kind of pizza!! It looks so satisfying.

8. January 21, 2011 10:38 am

I definitely agree, bacon makes everything taste better! This pizza looks downright gorgeous!

9. January 22, 2011 9:27 am

Gorgeous! The toppings on this pizza is like a who’s who of my favorite foods! This is a pizza that I would totally order! Great job!

10. January 24, 2011 12:23 pm

What a great pizza! NomNoms! I must try!

1. Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake in a Jar | My Bizzy Kitchen