Oatmeal Raisin Bread for the Bread Machine

November 30, 2010

~ Mary ~

Hope you stuffed yourself silly over the weekend!  Here’s the raisin bread recipe I promised for your Best Turkey Sandwich EVER!

Oatmeal Raisin Bread for the Bread Machine

In your bread machine place ingredients in this order:

1 pkg Dry Yeast

1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour

1 1/2 Cups Bread Flour

1 Cup Oats

1/2 tsp Salt

1 Tbsp Cinnamon

1 Tbsp Oil

4 Tbsp Honey

1 Cup Buttermilk at room temp

1/2 Cup Hot Water

Program for whole wheat bread and at the beep add:

1 Cup Raisins

1. November 30, 2010 8:58 am

I love the smell of oatmeal bread. This sounds really simple and delicious. I always love the idea of homemade bread 🙂

2. November 30, 2010 4:47 pm

WTF? I didn’t make a turkey this year – whhaaa! I not only want the bread but the sammie too. That looks amazing. 😀

3. December 2, 2010 4:10 pm

WOW! You made that bread?! It is beautiful! Stunning! And reminds me of a pannettone! Gorgeous indeed – thanks for sharing the recipe….and the photos of the sandwich!

4. December 5, 2010 12:56 am

Lovely bread! I love oats in bread and the bread machine. Makes serving home made bread an easy task for sure!

December 7, 2010 10:16 am

I made this bread this week end. I was wonderful!!! Makes delicious toast, slathered in butter!!

6. Tina permalink
    January 13, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi – I saw this bread recipe and had to make it! I am new to the whole bread-maker machine thing. I have only made 2-3 loves so far. This bread came out tasty but very heavy and dense. Is that the consistency it’s supposed to be?

Did I use too much flour for my bread-maker I wonder?
    Any tips would be great!

Thanks,
    Tina

January 13, 2011 4:15 pm

You made it correctly! Keep on a rockin’ with your machine, the smell of fresh bread, especially in the winter, is TOPS!
      If you want a lighter profile, you could probably omit a 1/2 cup of flour.
      Thanks for the response Tina!
      ~ Mary