Grilled Glazed Peaches

July 14, 2010

Ever read a recipe and thought “….hmmm that could work …maybe.”  and the results were beyond your wildest imagination!?  That’s what we have here, my friends!

I’ve been using the License to Grill cookbook a lot lately.  The recipes are so uniquely sophisticated I really don’t know what to do with myself.  But I know what you should do; do get to the nearest grocery or farmer’s market and pick yourself up some peaches and make this recipe – post HASTE!

one year ago: Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Burger, Thai Tilapia

Grilled Glazed Peaches

In a small saucepan over medium heat reduce by half:

1 Cup Balsamic Vinegar

It takes about 30 minutes – unless you’d like to speed things up and do it in the microwave.  Then add:

1/4 Cup Molasses

2 Tbsp Fresh Cracked Pepper Corns (ziploc and rolling pin work well)

Remove from heat.

Cut in half:

4-6 Peaches – leave skin on

remove stone and grill on cut side first for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.  Turn over then brush with glaze and let them grill another 3-4 minutes.  Place in serving dish and glaze again.

You’re in for a real treat!

July 14, 2010 10:26 am

We’ll have to try these. Fred LOVES peaches!

2. July 14, 2010 6:13 pm

I love what caramelizing does to the flavor of fruit. Your addition of cracked black pepper makes me even happier. Thanks for a great post

3. Dionne Baldwin permalink
    July 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Oh wow balsamic vinegar? Really? I gotta try…that sounds really good.

4. July 14, 2010 8:41 pm

One of the smartest lesson I ever learned was to make a balsamic reduction and keep it in a squeeze bottle in the fridge for when just such an great recipe comes along.

July 14, 2010 8:55 pm

I have a squeeze bottle, but I’ve been putting my reduction in a tiny ziploc thingy. THANK YOU! I’m off to make the switch and a much larger batch because I couldn’t agree with you more!

5. July 16, 2010 6:33 am

I just bought peaches to grill them will try some this way…sounds good…I do mine with amaretto…cant wait to try some like these they look great!

6. July 16, 2010 8:47 am

Congrats on a beautiful Top 9! I can almost taste the balsamic reduction on those gorgeous grilled peaches. 🙂

7. July 16, 2010 10:02 am

That does sound outstanding. Peaches are in down here so I’m going to head to the nearest orchard and get a fresh bushel! Thanks for a great post and gorgeous picture.

8. July 16, 2010 8:32 pm

How is it that I can not get enough grilled fruit in the summer? It’s so bad here that I’m even using a fish basket to grill even the tiniest fruits. Grill on!

9. July 23, 2010 7:04 pm

I’ve always wanted to grill peaches, but just never have done it – yet. These looks SO good and I love that they are glazed with balsamic *and* molasses!

10. July 26, 2010 10:37 am

That looks really good. I am printing this up right now to try for a weekend barbeque coming up..

The pictures look amazing.

11. July 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Looks delicious! I really like a recipe for Grilled Peaches with Pecorino and Proscuitto and make it often in the summertime. I wrote about it on my own blog at

12. August 2, 2010 9:56 pm

I’m not a huge fan of peaches. But I love the idea of them being grilled with balsamic vinegar. Yum!

13. Foodlvr permalink
    August 24, 2010 10:29 am

I haven’t cooked from License to Grill in a long time. I also love that book. These peaches look so good. I want some right now.

14. August 29, 2010 8:04 am

Hi Mary – we’ve made this glaze a few times already this summer, thanks for the inspiration. It rocks!

August 29, 2010 9:05 am

Thank YOU Lori! I left a comment on your blog too about Rouxbe from FoodBuzz reccomending reducing a bunch of balsamic vineger so that you can have it on hand. i put mine in a squeeze bottle in the fridge so it’s always at the ready.

1. Grilled Peaches, Blueberries, Balsamic Molasses Syrup, Black Pepper • Taste With The Eyes • where the image is meant to titillate and inspire the cook