Green Chile Chicken Slider Burgers

June 25, 2010

June is Burger Extravaganza Month here at Foodo.
You can also check out all of our burgers HERE

Not much to look at, kind of boring in fact, with all the colors kind of melding into one.  But the flavor, oh the FLAVOR (insert another delicious moan here)!  Yes, my friends, here’s another winner from Build a Better Burger.  I’ve made a total of 15 of the burgers from that book and they just keep getting better and better.

These were full-sized burgers, but I opted to make them into sliders because I don’t like over-cooked chicken and a big ol’ chicken burger, over a flame, is hard to control.  It worked out so well because each bite had such a WOLLOP of flavor!  Imagine it: goat cheese with three peppers and a chili aioli that’s got orange zest and the burger’s got a hint of cinnamon.  Such a unique combination of ingredients.

one year ago: Dinner Party SaladGrilled Gazpacho

Green Chile Chicken Sliders

Orange Chili Mayonnaise

Combine and set in fridge until ready to use:
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Cilantro chopped
2 Tbsp Red onion chopped
2 tsp Orange Zest – fresh
2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin

Three Pepper Cheese Spread

Combine until smooth, and set in fridge until ready to use:
6 ounces Goat Cheese
3 ounces Cream Cheese
optional
2 Tbsp Red Pepper minced
2 Tbsp Yellow Pepper minced
1 Tbsp fresh Jalapeno minced

Sliders

Combine in large bowl. Do not over-mix. Make into 6-8 patties grill over medium heat cooking ALL the way through.
1 1/2 Lbs Ground Chicken
2 Tbsp Garlic
minced
1/4 Cup canned Green Chiles – your heat preference
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
3 Tbsp Red Wine
Kosher Salt
when grilling

Assemble the same as the photo, on a softer style bun.  I only added a piece of spinach to give it a little color for the photo – definitely not necessary.

1. June 25, 2010 9:38 am

Not much to look at?! I disagree. these look absolutely delicious.

June 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Aren’t you sweet!? And probably just hungry 😉

2. June 25, 2010 11:46 am

They look great!!! Very tempting 😛

3. July 14, 2010 11:56 am

These look fabulous and flavorful! The condiments sound great as well and I’m sure they keep the burger from being too dry. I’d love to try these.

4. August 6, 2010 2:01 pm

That burger looks amazing! You should submit the recipe to the Recipe4Living Juiciest Burger Contest here!

5. Zenzi permalink
    September 30, 2010 9:41 am

O. M. G. I made these last night in my George Foreman Lean Mean Grilling Machine, and they are UNBELIEVABLE. So flavorful!! So juicy (even though I made full-size patties and cooked them 6 min)!!!!

I usually shy away from recipes with a lot of moving parts, but your description and photos were so convincing I gave them a try, and BOY oh BOY am I glad I did. They came together quickly and tastily and are now going into my rotation. I will make them for my mother (which is saying a lot). Thank youuuuuuu!!!!!

Oh, also I lazily made the whole red pepper shebang in my food processor. Totally worked out 🙂

September 30, 2010 10:15 am

What a wonderful review! Thank YOU! I love the food processor tip/idea. I really debated posting these because they were so difficult to photograph, but like you said the FLAVOR, thank goodness it prevailed.
      ~ Mary