Kuma’s Eyehategod Burger

June 17, 2010

June is Burger Extravaganza Month here at Foodo.

You can check out all our burgers HERE.

Wellllll it’s a copy-cat Eyehategod burger and let me tell you it’s a KNOCK-OUT!  If you follow on Facebook you may already know that Kuma’s Corner is the be all end all when it comes to burgers.  AND if you’re ever visiting us – it’s a musto on the journey.  They name every burger after a heavy metal band and every month they have a special.  Sometimes their specials are so great (this was December’s) I can’t wait and see if they’ll ever put them on the menu again so I have to go to work in the kitchen.

There are three keys to any great Kuma burger: fresh ground high grade beef, pretzel bun and a stellar craft beer to ease it down.

one year ago: Cuban Pork, Grilled Plantains

Kuma’s Eyehategod Burger

Stuffed Dates

Pre-cook 6 slices smoky bacon until 60% done

Cut bacon in half and wrap around a date that’s been stuffed with Blue Cheese (optional to stuff with cream cheese or a blend of Blue and cream) cut the bacon more if it over laps too much – it should just cross over at the top enough to stick in a tooth pick.

Place on sheet pan and bake at 450° for JUST 5 minutes or until bacon has finished cooking and is just starting to crisp, but not burned.  Cool and remove toothpicks.

Savory Pecan Crumble

A little Bacon Grease and or Butter

Some minced Garlic

A pinch or two of Marjoram or Rosemary

A handful or a cup of Chopped Pecans

Saute over medium low heat until pecans are nice and toasted.

Burger

Fresh ground angus chuck

Make into 10 ounce patties

Grill to medium rare and season with Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper

Serve on a pretzel bun with Dusseldorf mustard, Pecan Crumble and Stuffed Dates.

June 17, 2010 11:04 am

That’s at least two meals! Looks mighty tasty. Dates are sure unique on a burger….paired w blue cheese. That’s innovative!

2. June 17, 2010 8:05 pm

I’ve never heard of pretzel buns but am intrigued. I’ve never seen them for sale. Do you have a recipe? This burger looks TO DIE FOR by the way.

3. June 17, 2010 8:40 pm

What a burger!!

4. June 17, 2010 9:21 pm

this looks insane! next time I am making a burger I will try this.

5. June 17, 2010 11:57 pm

This is a serious burger! I’d have to try it just to see what all the craze is about!

6. June 18, 2010 6:00 am

wow, what an extremely delicious looking burger. my mouth is watering and its only 7am!!

June 18, 2010 11:20 am

It’s always good to plan dinner at breakfast time 😉

7. June 18, 2010 9:09 am

Your burgers rock! Great photos!

Last time I was at Kuma’s Corner I had the Lynyrd Skynyrd!
    LL

June 18, 2010 11:19 am

Yum…………… fried green tomatoes, cheese grits, and Canadian bacon……..
      I think that was a monthly special LAST year.

If that’s tru – it’s time to get your tail back in there Lori Lynn~
      ~Mary

8. Katy permalink
    June 20, 2010 11:47 am

I want one right now.

June 20, 2010 11:51 am

No pork belly for you medicine girl!

9. June 21, 2010 7:22 pm

Wow that is quite a burger:) So many great flavors going on here…

10. June 24, 2010 11:18 am

I would not have thought of this burger but now I want to try it!