Soy Glazed Salmon Burger

June 13, 2010

June is Burger Extravaganza Month here at Foodo.
You can also check out all of our burgers HERE

Although this burger was superior, it really wasn’t necessary to grind up the salmon and dilute it with egg and breadcrumbs.  Next time, it’ll just be the salmon fillet with these awesome accouterments!

I’ll have you know that I have been nagging Kevin, on a regular basis, to get us a posto for Foodo.  He always says, enthusiastically, “YES!”.  But this girl knows better!  I just like to hear, in his voice, that he’s thinking about it and would like to.  OR is it that he’s just telling me what I want to hear……hmmmm.  Anyway, the last time I nagged him, it was for a salmon burger for our extravaganza (he being the expert and all).  He said “Absolutely NOT”, that their salmon was far to good to waste on a silly burger.  I’d have to concur and reiterate myself: just use these ingredients on a salmon fillet (heck you could even put the fillet on a bun) and have yourself a SIMPLE meal instead of one with all this fuss.

one year ago: Marvelous Mini Cheesecakes, Indonesian Salad

Soy Glazed Salmon Burger

adapted from Build a Better Burger

Ginger-Lime Ailoi

Stir to combine and set in fridge until ready to use:

1/2 Cup Mayonnaise

2 Tbsp Sour Cream

1 Tbsp Garlic, Minced

1 Tbsp Ginger, Minced

1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice

Pinch Kosher Salt

Soy Glaze

Heat over medium-low in a non-reactive sauce pan until slightly thickened.  Set aside.

1/3 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce

3 Tbsp Honey

1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar

1 tbsp Cornstarch

Salmon Patties

In food processor combine:

1 Egg

1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice

1 tsp Sambal Olek or other type of heat you might like

12 ounces Fresh Salmon Fillets

2/3 Cup Bread Crumbs

1 tsp Dry Mint or 2 Tbsp Fresh

Pinch Salt

Blend to combine.

Move ingredients to a mixing bowl and add:

12 ounces Fresh Salmon Fillet roughly cut

1/4 Cup Green Onions finely sliced

Mix with hands gently.  Divide into 4-6 equal patties.

Grill over medium heat.  If the patty seems loose to you, you may want to grill them on a perforated grill topper.  It’s tricky bbqing salmon burgers you DO NOT want to over-cook them.  After about 3 minutes carefully flip them, brush with the glaze and cook for another 4-5 minutes until they are opaque throughout.

Serve on a Toasted Bun of choice with Lettuce or Sliced Cucumbers, or both.

Top them with more glaze and the Aioli.

ENJOY!

1. June 13, 2010 3:04 pm

wow,that glaze…make me drooling!and is night here…

2. June 14, 2010 6:52 pm

and I just got done eating now I am hungry again! awesome !!

3. June 14, 2010 7:28 pm

the sauce and glaze alone makes me smile …agree with huing just a salmon filet – no need for an overkill (now I’m the one to talk -LOL)

4. June 15, 2010 1:31 pm

I second, or third, the using of just the salmon fillet– woohoo, looks so fabulous! But I like the idea of using the mint. I’d place the freshly washed leaved on the fillet (like lettuce).

5. June 15, 2010 1:42 pm

Gorgeous. I’m not much of a salmon fan, but this would work with other things, no?

6. June 15, 2010 10:21 pm

So good, salmon is my fav…recently prepared a salmon burger and they are so versitile with so many yummy options for preparation:) Looks so good!

7. June 16, 2010 1:21 am

Your post make me crave a real barbeque a warm, sunny afternoon in California. Mm! It looks and sounds AMAZING. Great picture.

8. June 16, 2010 2:15 am

Very savory… Salmon is my favourite.

9. June 16, 2010 9:29 am

Nice, Mary. I don’t do beef, but I sure could go for a burger like this one. And I think we have some salmon around here somewhere! Cheers!

10. June 16, 2010 12:29 pm

This looks great! I love sandwiches that are a little bit alternative!

11. June 16, 2010 1:01 pm

I have never tried making salmon burger at home. Till now I have been getting those frozen patties from costco and going crazy. Well this is the recipe I was waiting for I suppose.

12. June 16, 2010 2:08 pm

This recipe looks absolutely delightful! I can’t wait to give them a try.

I love your blog’s name as well. Cute!

13. June 17, 2010 10:14 pm

This has got to be the most sophisticated and delicious burger I have ever seen 🙂

June 18, 2010 11:22 am