Young Working Man’s Gourmet Burger

June 3, 2010

June is Burger Extravaganza Month here at Foodo.
You can also check out all of our burgers HERE

~ Colin ~

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t listening to mom (Wanda) completely when she was yelling at me about putting food on this site, so when I decided to finally post something… I didn’t know how.

But here we go….

….its nothing crazy or super fantastic, but I went out and bought thin round eye steaks with the intention of grilling them.  Come to find out I left my little grill at a friend’s house 😦  Well, Kristen (my girl friend) and I really wanted to cook them tonight… somehow. I then realized that I love my cast iron skillet and cook almost anything in it.  So I tried it, and I tell you what, as simple as it sounds … it was fantastic!

one year ago: Stuffed, Pesto Marinated, Beef Tenderloin

Young Working Man’s Gourmet Burger

I marinated the, thin, round eye, Steaks for a while in:

Stubbs Beef Marinade
then put them in the skillet at a low temp with the marinade.

I turned up the temp after a while.

When they looked done I put on some

Colby Jack Cheese to slightly melt
then put ’em in regular ol toasted

Hamburger Buns,
and then put

Cattlemen’s Bbq Sauce on em…unbelievable!

1. Wanda permalink
    June 3, 2010 12:45 pm

In my defense I don’t think I was Yelling…I was encouraging…..and the burger
    looks awesome! You will find that your cast iron skillet is your best friend Colin!!

2. Kristen permalink
    June 3, 2010 2:55 pm

haha…. They were soo good! we found as a young couple with busy schedules this was easy and tasty!! Colin does love the skillet we use it every day almost

June 3, 2010 4:20 pm

Great post Colin! Your burger looks delicious!

4. June 3, 2010 7:00 pm

Nothing is more appealing than a man who can cook. These look great.

5. June 3, 2010 7:59 pm

Mmmmmmmm. Stubb’s!

6. June 4, 2010 2:03 am

You sure can make a burger! These even look good to a vegie:)

7. June 4, 2010 9:41 am

That looks pretty darned good. Love the melted cheese on it and that skillet looks fetching too. Nothing beats cast iron when cooking meat.

8. June 4, 2010 4:44 pm

HaaaHaa! Mom’s do know best! I would never have admitted it until I became one myself, funny how that happens right b4 your eyes.
    Cast Iron Skillets most definatley are a cooks best friend!

9. June 5, 2010 12:07 pm

Great job! Looks terrific!

10. June 6, 2010 11:07 pm

This looks amazing. The picture of the drizzle totally caught my attention.

11. Rick permalink
    June 7, 2010 9:57 am

I’m drooling.

12. Frank permalink
    June 16, 2010 2:28 pm

I had an old cast iron skillet once. It was when I was in college. I don’t know where it came from but it was old and really well seasoned. I cooked the best burgers in that pan. When I moved from college I left the cast iron skillet behind. I didn’t realize what I had until a couple of years later when I started to enjoy cooking. Bring’s a tear to my just thinking of it. Where did you go ol’ buddy?

June 16, 2010 2:41 pm