Fig & Olive Tapenade

March 9, 2010

~ Wanda ~

I was organizing all my photos and discovered I had pics for this and never made a post….I don’t really have much of a story to go with it though. I made it awhile back when figs were in season. I love Olive Tapenade and I didn’t think there could be anything better but let me tell you, Fig and Olive Tapenade is now my favorite!! It is a wonerful appetizer unless you are like me I ate it with a half a loaf of bread and called it dinner!

Fig & Olive Tapenade

1 cup chopped fresh figs

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1 teaspoon rosemary

1 teaspoon thyme

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

2/3 cup chopped kalamata olives

2 cloves garlic, minced

salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients in a food processor.

8oz cream cheese

1 loaf french bread

Spread cream cheese on french bread and top with tapenade

March 9, 2010 1:07 pm

I have to try this! It looks wonderful! I found the BEST Greek olives at Plaza Mar. Now I just need to find fresh figs. We had them on a tree in our back yard in Johannesburg, but we’re a long way from there now. I could make a dinner of it, too….or, a snack when I get peckish around midnight!
    We’ll have to resume our midnight chats next year here in Roatan…..maybe with this tasty treat!
    Great post, Wanda!

2. March 9, 2010 1:50 pm

I must be like you Wanda because this tepenade and a loaf bread would be my kind of dinner any day. I love the fig/olive combination. I have no doubt this is killer!

3. March 9, 2010 11:10 pm

yummy…

sweetlife

4. March 12, 2010 4:17 pm

Looks superb and sounds even better. Glad you found that photo.

5. Sean permalink
    March 13, 2010 10:56 am

Fresh figs, one benefit of living in NorCal. Oh, do I miss my produce market. 😦 I don’t know if we’ll be able to get fresh figs here in the Seattle area. This sure was good though!

March 13, 2010 11:05 am

of course you will – the same way I find fresh figs – already weeks old, very expensive and ONLY during fig season 😦

6. March 13, 2010 11:51 am

Fresh figs and kalamata olives would be a really nice combo for a tapenade!

7. March 17, 2010 3:16 am

Beautiful tapenade. Sweet and salty make s great combination. And I absolutely love figs.