Monster Cookies

September 29, 2009

Monster cookies – really?  I’m happy to report they were not for John & I – of the 8+ pounds of dough we each only had two (cookies – not pounds!).  Albeit they were the size of softballs.  Anyway the rest went to our very own live Flat Stanley aka Sam.  Who has yet to post a single thing on Foodo – but I believe it’s in the pipeline as I type.  Sam’s a growing teenage boy and this past summer grew more – a hairline away from 6′ 3″ and he still only weighs in at 150 pounds.  So let’s just say these cookies will hopefully play a small part in beefing up the boy!

Mickey and Sam last summer Mickey and Sam last summer

This is like the LARGEST recipe ever – it doesn’t even all fit in my kitchen aid.  It’s the recipe we used growing up – I don’t know how it all fit – but I know we ate all the cookies fast and had serious gas later 😉

You can really put in more or less additions and these cookies will take ’em like a champ!  I added peanuts and cashews and butterscotch chips and craisins.  You also might just want to cut this monster in half!

MONSTER COOKIES

In large electric mixer cream together:

½ Pound Butter

3 Cups Peanut Butter

2 Cups Brown Sugar

2 Cups White Sugar

2 tsp Vanilla

2 tsp White Corn Syrup

6 Eggs

Add and mix to combine:

9 Cups Quick Cooking Oatmeal

4 tsp Baking Soda

At this point your bowl is probably very full.

You can either add these next ingredients and stir by hand or add and stir with the mixer just until combined.

1 Cup Chocolate Chips

1 Cup Butterscotch Chips

1 Cup M&M’s

½ Cup Raisins

½ Cup Chopped Nuts

Drop by tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350º about 8 minutes.

Don’t let the chips melt.

Cool and serve.

1. September 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Holy cow, the gas! Kev and JP had WAY TOO MUCH ammunition with these around.

Sam says he’s working on getting to 160 pounds. I said I am too…from the other direction…

2. September 29, 2009 6:12 pm

Great photo, btw. I like that John’s smiling and drinking a beer in the background. During that harried and way-too-many-Winkers trip, I do believe that John was smiling because at least there was beer…lots and lots of beer.

3. September 30, 2009 9:26 am

Wow — that’s one serious recipe!
    My hips couldn’t take it, but it’s great food for bulking up the boys!

4. October 1, 2009 9:04 pm

Wow. Great cookies..Thank you for sharing.

5. October 1, 2009 9:10 pm

Oh GOSH! Such a simple and BIG recipe 😉

6. October 1, 2009 9:20 pm

I had a friend who used to make cookies called “Monster Cookies.” They were great! The ingredients were something like your recipe. I don’t recall having gas issues when I ate them though. 🙂

• foododelmundo permalink*
      October 2, 2009 7:25 am

That’s because you aren’t a Winker. We Winkers ALWAYS had gas issues with more foods than I care to mention.

7. October 2, 2009 5:21 am

Oh wow those look great and like my husband’s dream come true!

8. October 2, 2009 8:43 am

I haven’t made monster cookies in ages. I always love them because you use of left over candies in them… lol.

9. October 2, 2009 10:26 am

Yum! These look great – and I’m glad to hear the gas issue may just be genetic to your family! 😀

10. October 2, 2009 12:48 pm

these cookies sure aren’t scary but definitely tasty!

11. October 19, 2009 10:35 pm

Super fabulous cookies! Thanks for sharing. What a great mom you must be with a sweet family.