Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Burger

July 12, 2009

I’ve got this great Raspberry Chipotle Pork Tenderloin recipe and thought  hmmmm how can I get all this goodness into a burger!?  I’m pleased to report that this surpassed all my expectations. It’s the first time I’ve ever eaten a burger on a challah bun and it was PERFECT for soaking up the juices and you could really grab on take hold and BITE without the bun disintegrating.   This burger is actually not as intense as the other burgers I’ve been making.

Other Burgers you might enjoy:

Thai Coconut Basil Burger

Siciliano Burger with Sun Dried Tomato Butter

Raspberry Chipotle

BBQ Burger

Pickled Onion:

Place in ziploc bag mix together and let sit in fridge until ready to use:

2 Medium Red Onions Thinly Sliced

2 tsp Sugar

2 Tbsp White Vinegar

Sauce:

Combine in sauce pan and reduce to half over medium to low heat:

1/2 Cup Raspberry Jam

1/2 Cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce

1/2 Cup Crushed or Diced Canned Tomatoes

1 Tbsp Chipotle Sauce

2 Tbsp White Vinegar

Burger:

2# Ground Pork

1/4 Cup Minced Garlic

1 tsp Chipotle Pepper OR 1 Tbsp Chipotle Sauce

1 tsp Cumin

1 tsp Coriander

2 tsp Kosher Salt

Mix together and shape into 5-6 patties.

Grill over medium-high heat 4-6 minutes on each side.

Serve on toasted bun – just like the photo shows.

1. July 13, 2009 8:43 am

This is a really interesting idea. You see raspberries so often in sweet dishes, it’s rare to see them used in savory dishes.

2. July 13, 2009 7:45 pm

You are so unfair to post that burger picture when I am STARVING! It looks so YUMMY!!!Figtreeapps

3. July 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Awesome photography. Talk about a burger we want to eat!

4. July 15, 2009 10:02 am

Great flavor combo here. And who can argue with a burger, especially when it looks so good!

Nice call with the ground pork. I’m thinking this would be great with a homemade raspberry bbq sauce!

5. July 15, 2009 10:03 am

Awesome looking burger…
    Love the chipotle raspberry combo.

6. July 15, 2009 8:04 pm

This looks delicious and is a great spin on the classic beef version!My husband will love this!

7. July 19, 2009 1:44 am

That is such an interesting pairing! Reminds me of serving cranberry sauce with meat…definitely worth a try!

1. 5 Awesome Homemade Burger Recipes | from Groupon's UK Blog