Ceviche

June 18, 2009

~ Sean & Wanda ~

Picked the first tomatoes from the garden today. Zucchini, yellow squash and lettuce are in high production mode and its going to start warming up over the next few days. Summer’s here!

We first made this in Roatan and sent in the recipe, but forget to take a picture.  It’s taken us a minute to make it again, but with all this produce coming in – it’s a no brainer!

Ceviche

1 lb. shrimp/calamari/scallops or combination (cut into equal size pieces recommend 3/8″-1/2″)

2-3 limes – juice of

2 lemons – juice of

1 orange – juice of

Put all of above in zip lock back and refrigerate overnightc – this ‘cooks’ the seafood.

Alternatively, if you’re in a hurry, you can flash cook the seafood in lemon juice by simply heating 1/2″ of juice in a large frying pan, heat to boiling and add the seafood for about 45-90 seconds, until cooked depends on size of pieces.

2 medium tomatoes

1 small-med red onion

1/2 red bell pepper

1/2 yellow bell pepper

diced to same size as shrimp/calamari/scallops

1-2 jalepeño pepper(s)

mild – use one jalapeño and discard the seeds.

for hot – use two jalapeños and leave the seeds in

1/4-1/2 cup fresh cilantro – chopped fine

Mix together marniated seafood, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño and cilantro.

Let sit 30 mins at room temp.

1 avocado

1 cucumber

Cubed to same size as other veggies and fish.

Mix in gently when ready to serve.

1. June 19, 2009 9:14 am

oh how I love ceviche! But I’ve never made it.
    By the way, the plantains below look insanely good!

2. pat permalink
    June 19, 2009 3:31 pm

The Ceviche Looks WONDERFUL!!!

I’ve never had it with lots of vegetables like that. With a glass of wine and some crusty bread, it’s a whole meal!
    Thanks!

3. June 23, 2009 10:06 pm

I love the ceviche I get at Cafe 28 in Chicago. This is a recipe I’m totally going to have to try.

4. Lily Baek permalink
    June 30, 2009 7:12 pm

Thank you for posting your CEVICHE recipe! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Can’t wait to try this recipe out for my sweetheart!!

5. November 29, 2011 12:46 am

I love this recipe and blog…I posted it on my community foodie blog. Hope you can come check it out http://www.facebook.com/thefrenchiefoodie

November 29, 2011 7:31 pm

Thank you Charlotte! I’ll be peeking in from time to time!
      ~ Mary