Tiramisu Cake

April 5, 2009

This recipe was used for Sean’s and Wanda’s wedding cake and most recently a birthday cake for Jim (a close family friend).

Yum! Look at those layers of Kahlua and coffee and chocolate and cream cheese Marsala frosting.  I figured if Jim could remember a cake for 13 years and remind me every year therein the poor boy earned his own damn cake.  I just halved the recipe and made four 8” round layers.  The cute ribbon wrapping idea came from Sky High Cakes.

How many times the recipe was made for the wedding cake is a mystery.  It looks like I must’ve made it a BAZILLION times.  Wanda chose it from Bon Appetite magazine.  Dig this old photo and all that foliage.

Sorry about the resolution – were there digital cameras in 1996?

Oh look here’s SFB at the top of the cake.

1. pat permalink
    April 6, 2009 10:13 am

That’s THE most beautiful cake I’ve ever seen. It ranks right up there with Sean and Wanda’s wedding cake and your peanut butter/chocolate/peanut-brittle masterpiece!

By the by, Wanda and I were just reminiscing about her wedding cake with SFB on top, and how hysterically funny we thought it was.

2. May 25, 2009 5:50 pm

That tiramisu cake looks amazing! I’m craving a piece right now!

3. May 25, 2009 9:24 pm

What a beautiful cake!

4. May 25, 2009 11:21 pm

Now that is an amazing looking tiramisu. The decoration and presentation is brilliant.

5. May 25, 2009 11:45 pm

The cake look absolutely delish! I’m drooling here!

6. Marie rose permalink
    July 8, 2009 11:41 pm

nice cake and delicious

7. Marie rose..Ayaghi permalink
    July 8, 2009 11:42 pm

italian cakes are so tasty and creative in any kind of a ceremony joys..

8. July 25, 2009 9:11 am

i am so busy using your pics i forget to comment, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR PICS AND COOKING~ you just tickle my taste buds and senses every time i come here… heavy swoooooooon! beides being a sugar addict, i gotta make this soon too! oh i love your blog…

9. hot dog permalink
    November 22, 2009 3:58 pm

oh how I would love the recipe my husbands bday is on the 25th of Dec. and this recipe would rock. Could I get a copy please? Thanks

• foododelmundo permalink*
      November 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Click on the first two words of the post: This recipe
      It will take you to the recipe.
      Enjoy!

10. Veronica permalink
    February 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Beautiful cake–you are truly a talented baker. I went to the recipe and saw that a lot of people had trouble with the frosting being runny and many also suggested using more soaking syrup. Did you make it as is and would you recommend any changes?

February 15, 2010 12:36 pm

Woe – you’re asking me to remember something ….from a year ago. That’s a tough one! I don’t recollect having any problem with the frosting, but if I did I probably just added more whipped cream cheese and or powdered sugar. I pulled out my printed copy and all my notes say is that a half recipe of the cake batter worked well for the three 8″ cake pans I used and it came out to about 1 1/2 pounds of batter per pan. The soaking syrup – I did a third of the recipe and for some reason remember having enough to brush BOTH sides of EACH layer – YUM! That soaking syrup is definitely a highlight to this cake and I would whole heartedly recommend brushing both sides of each layer with its goodness! This truly is a stunning cake, but more importantly it’s SOOOOO DELICIOUS! I do hope you give it a go. ~Mary

11. Steve permalink
    June 8, 2010 8:01 pm

I’ve never seen so many mouth watering layers in a cake! I have traditionally been a fan of the quick and easy Tiramisu Recipe
    …but I am going to become more adventurous after seeing your work!

June 8, 2010 8:48 pm

Your link looks equally delicious!!!

1. Chocolatey Weekend Links : Chocolate Bytes - All About Chocolate - Delicious Chocolate Recipes