Best Turkey Sandwich EVER!

November 26, 2010

~ Mary ~

Hopefully you’ve got some extra turkey to make this sandwich.  It’s an odd combination of ingredients, but one you will remember for years to come!  The recipe comes from one of the restaurants I worked at years ago, and obviously it’s been stuck in my head ever since.

Enjoy!

Best Turkey Sandwich EVER!

Raisin Bread – preferably thick sliced.  I made mine and will post the recipe soon.

Cranberry Mayo – combine equal parts of your preferred cranberry sauce with mayonnaise.  Straight up cranberry sauce would work too, but not too much, you don’t want to over-power the other ingredients.

Swiss Cheese Slices

Thick Cut Bacon cooked

Turkey – sliced, if you’re out chicken breast meat will do, and a s a last resort, deli sliced turkey.

Grill or panini the sandwich as you prefer.

Optional to tuck something green and leafy in after it’s been grilled.

1. November 27, 2010 9:18 am

What a neat sandwich. I totally love to put cranberry sauce on mine. I was totally surprised by the raisin bread.

2. November 27, 2010 12:57 pm

That is one really tasty looking turkey sandwich! The cranberry sauce and mayo flavour combo is a great one!

3. Katy permalink
    November 29, 2010 1:20 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmm…turkey.

4. November 29, 2010 1:28 pm

We make a rye bread (without caraway seeds) and add raisins, which is surprisingly tasty. I think I’ll make a loaf just to try this recipe.

5. November 30, 2010 12:03 am

That thick bacon…it’s perfection!

6. November 30, 2010 6:36 am

This sounds so yummy, I love the cranberry mayo! I used to go to a deli where they made cranberry ketchup for their turkey pitas…Well done!

7. November 30, 2010 9:42 am

ummm, YUM! This looks and sounds so fantastic!

8. November 30, 2010 11:28 am

Oh my goodness! My husband would die for these… especially the panini version!

9. December 1, 2010 2:29 am

Really? Homemade raisin bread? Now I have an inferiority complex. Congrats on making the top nine list, you deserve it.
    We still have three days left on our birthday KitchenAid give away. Come on over to EverydaySouthwest.com and join the party.

10. December 1, 2010 3:39 am

that does look like the best one ever…. i wish I could have one of those for lunch today :)

11. December 1, 2010 8:48 am

This looks FABULOUS!!

12. December 1, 2010 8:54 am

This looks like it would really hit the spot. Why (seriously – why) I didn’t think to make a killer sandwich out of my leftovers? Who knows. I am ‘borrowing’ some more leftovers from my parents today!

13. December 1, 2010 9:37 am

OH!!!! Turkey and bacon are SO good together and I LOVE your idea of cranberry mayo! My husband will love this, too. Thank you for the inspiration. IMO -leftovers are the best part of Thanksgiving. :) And happy congrats on making Top 9! Woot!

14. December 1, 2010 11:15 am

Mmmm… looks sinful. I might even throw some avo on there, just for kicks! ;-)

15. December 1, 2010 11:53 am

This is mind boggling. Love the cranberry mayo idea. It looks beautiful too.

16. December 1, 2010 3:53 pm

Wow Mary…I have to say that looks delicious even though I don’t eat bacon! I know my husband would sure be all over that. I hope you had a nice holiday. I haven’t been around much lately…things have been hectic. Happy belated Thanksgiving!

17. December 1, 2010 7:34 pm

Wow, what an incredible sounding sandwich. I know I would LOVE it!!! Congrats on the Top 9!

18. December 1, 2010 8:45 pm

Saw this listed on the Foodbuzz Top 9 and bookmarked your recipe! I have turkey leftovers and have been contemplating what to make with them. So glad I found your recipe – problem solved! Thank you for sharing an awesome recipe! :)

19. December 1, 2010 11:41 pm

Wow, I love the idea of using raisin bread for this sandwich–looks sooo delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe and congrats on making the Top 9! :>)

20. December 4, 2010 2:04 pm

We do almost the same sandwich but I’ve never thought of the raisin bread. Brilliant!!!!

21. December 8, 2010 11:11 am

My first thought when I saw the picture was wondering why you put a picture of burned bread there and then I saw the first ingredient, raisin bread, and it was a light bulb moment. What an incredible idea for a sandwich like that. WOW. Thank you so much for passing this on.