Sriracha Chicken Tender Lettuce Wraps

March 19, 2010

Here’s another bright dish that doesn’t have to wait until spring.  It’s always good, in the winter, to use the oven to its fullest – that way when you’re finished baking you can turn it off and leave the door wide open to let the heat escape and stay toasty warm.  At least that’s always been my strategy.

……um, it IS spring, I made this sometime in January – and obviously got my post ready then too.  Somehow it kept getting pushed back, and pushed back further and further down the line – sorry to keep it from you for so long!

If you’re not familiar with Sriracha CHOW.com recently did a piece on it.  I liken it to a smoother Red Hot sauce.

Here are two other fajita style recipes you might enjoy:

Baked Fish Tacos andMango Pork Fajitas

Sriracha Chicken

adapted from Bon Appetit

Marinade in ziploc bag for a minimum of 4 hours and up to a day:

2 Pounds Chicken Tenders cut in half lengthwise

1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions

4 Tbsp Soy Sauce

3 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce

1 Tbsp Sugar

1 Tbsp Minced Ginger

1 Tbsp Minced Garlic

Drain marinade and coat chicken in:

1 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs

2 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds – optional

Bake in oven that has been pre-heated to 475 – 500 for 7-10 minutes until crispy, slightly golden and cooked all the way through.  Assemble by placing chicken in lettuce, like a fajita and adding some sauce and accouterments.

Sauce

Blend all ingredients together in small mixing bowl:

¼ Cup Lime Juice

3 Tbsp Olive Oil

2 Tbsp Soy Sauce

2 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce

2 Tbsp Sugar

1 Tbsp Sesame Oil

1 tsp Dry Ginger

Accoutrements:

1 Head Large Leaf Lettuce

6-10 Red Radishes trimmed and sliced

Handful rough cut Cilantro

Shredded Carrots

Sliced Cucumbers – skin on

1. March 19, 2010 10:14 am

I absolutely love Sriracha! What a great, easy recipe.

2. March 19, 2010 1:10 pm

Anything with Sriracha has got my attention! I am an absolute junkie. I have 2 back up bottles in my pantry out of fear I will run out! And there it sits amid a beautifully presented platter of yummies. You rock, Mary!

FYI: I don’t know if you saw Leela’s post on She Simmer’s for homemade Thai Srirachi (http://www.shesimmers.com/2010/03/homemade-sriracha-how-to-make-authentic.html). Thought I’d share it with you in case you’re as intrigued by this as I am. Have a great weekend despite the frezing drizzle rain crapola!

3. March 19, 2010 5:11 pm

not a clue what that sauce is but your pictures convinced me to go find some love the chicken and this has to be great with panko!

March 20, 2010 10:47 am

This looks great. Where do I find Siracha Sauce? It’s entirely new to me, but looks like something I’d love to try!
    Beautiful presentation and picture, Mary!

March 20, 2010 12:45 pm

In the Asian section of most grocery stores usually a large bottle is under $2.
      Click on CHOW.com (in the verbiage) to see what the bottle looks like.

5. March 20, 2010 5:02 pm

Mary,
    Another homerun!!!! This looks outstanding. I love Sriracha. I am going to make Bang Bang Shrimp with it….I can’t wait! :))

6. March 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Oh I love those Panko crumbs! Your chicken sounds great Mary, and the sauce even better! I am so going to try this.

7. March 26, 2010 8:43 am

I absolutely LOVE sriracha! I put it on almost everything instead of ketchup, it’s so damn good! I’m really excited to try this.

8. stephanie permalink
    March 26, 2010 10:33 pm

I can’t wait to try this one, it looks like a keeper!

9. March 30, 2010 8:11 pm

This looks great!

10. January 6, 2011 5:35 pm

And this post was done in my birthday too! :D Definitely putting it on the list of things to make – thank you! :D