Pom Martini

December 28, 2009

It’s time to start ringing in the new year.  And what better way than with a martini that’s filled with holiday cheer.  I actually watched Oprah, one time, many years ago and Rachel Ray was a guest cook.

It was the first time I had ever seen her and thought she was a bundle of energy at the time – now we all know better because she has saturated the air/book/media waves until we’ve all screamed “UNCLE!”

But let’s not lose focus.  She gave me the Oprah Holiday Martini recipe and it’s a stunner!

Pom Martini

This makes about three martinis – you can scale it back if you like.

8 ounces Pom Juice

3 ounces Good Vodka

1 ounce Cointreau

Shake in a martini shaker over ice.

Pour into martini glasses and

Garnish with:

pomegranate seeds

tiny lime wedge

1. wanda permalink
    December 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Yes I yelled Uncle years ago…but I do say this will have to be on my New Years Eve menu…..I think we will stay home in front of our beautiful new wood pellet stove and break out the Martini glasses and try your recipes….. fyi there might be some drinking and dialing going on!!! hehe

• foododelmundo permalink*
      December 28, 2009 5:38 pm

we’ll be ready!

2. M.J. Jacobsen permalink
    December 28, 2009 8:36 pm

You guys rock!!

• foododelmundo permalink*
      December 28, 2009 8:40 pm

Thank You!
      and now you can too with one of these martinis in your hand ;-)

3. lvegas permalink
    December 29, 2009 10:36 pm

I’ll have a double…Happy New Year to your blog from mine! Cheers!

4. December 30, 2009 2:03 am

So it is not too early to say ‘Happy New Year!’
    Cheers

5. December 30, 2009 2:17 am

It’s not to early to celebrate with this cocktail. The color looks great. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes. Happy New Year and have a great one.

6. January 8, 2010 7:37 pm

Mmm. That sure is a beauty! Love the poms on the bottom! ;)