Blueberry Corn Pancakes

August 2, 2009

Lots of blueberries – what to do – what to do- got to thinking about those Blueberry Corn Muffins that were so decidedly delicious and how I could get all that goodness to go into a pancake.

I always worry about pancakes because, well, while they may be easy for most – they’ve always had me stumped. Fred is a true Flapjack Master and would be terribly ashamed at my sad attempts. It’s even more shameful when your spouse’s nick name is Dutch for pancake – Pannekoeken – because he LOVES them so dearly.

Was I ever happy when these turned out beautifully and on top of it were so quick and easy to make! – I think it’s the cornmeal that gives them the sturdiness I need for my blacksmith ways.

Blueberry Corn Pancakes

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl

1 Cup Flour

1 Cup Cornmeal

2 tsp Baking Powder

1 tsp Kosher Salt

Mix wet ingredients in another bowl

1 1/4 Cup Buttermilk

2 Eggs

1/3 Cup Honey or Sugar

Combine wet with dry and mix JUST until blended.

Cook in non-stick pan with cooking spray or a little oil over medium heat.

Drop batter by 1/3 to 1/2 Cup spoonfuls – just before you are about to flip them sprinkle the blueberries. This keeps your batter nice and yellow and your blueberries from mucking up your pan too much.

About 1 Pint of Blueberries will work for this size recipe.

1. John permalink
    August 2, 2009 10:04 am

Wow looks delish! Here’s a suggestion, why don’t you top them with the fruit sauce I made this morning: http://goinggranola.com/2009/08/02/easy-fruit-sauce.

It’d be a blueberry overload! :-)

2. August 2, 2009 10:55 am

Oooh! Those look amazing. I might have to have 2 breakfasts today.

3. August 2, 2009 1:57 pm

Those look amazing. I’ve always wondered though, can I substitute butter milk for anything if I don’t have it handy?

Yummy!

August 2, 2009 2:51 pm

Substitute for Buttermilk:
      Take one cup of milk and put in a one tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice and let it sit for five minutes.

4. traveleatlove permalink
    August 2, 2009 7:45 pm

Those pancakes look divine! Thanks for posting; we have tons of blueberries that we got very cheap. (and fruit flies too, ugh!)

5. Margieleow permalink
    August 2, 2009 8:30 pm

Looks very appetizing. Thanks for sharing!

6. September 16, 2012 9:08 am

I am making these for breakfast this morning – can’t wait! Hope you are enjoying our awesome weather!! Hugs!

1. the sugar's crashing us now » Blueberry Corn Pancakes