Fruit Pizza

July 7, 2009

~ Emma ~

This weekend that I am with Mary we have been cooking up a storm.  And today we made fruit pizza.  It might sound a little strange but once you taste it you just might want to eat the whole thing!!!  If any of you think this is like a dinner thing you are wrong it is a dessert big time it is so sweet and just amazing!!!   You have got to try it!!!

While making our breakfast we started our pizza crust so it would have time to cool.  To make the crust you take  Amish Cookie dough (store bought cookie dough would work too) and you just make a big circle out of your cookie dough.  Make sure you don’t make it to thin.

This is about what your cookie should look like before it goes in the oven.  If you put a silpat liner in the pan it makes life so much easier when the cookie is done baking.

So today it was my frist time peeling a kiwi so Mary had to teach me. I think I did a good job for my first time!  I learned how to peel a mango too and used a mango pitter it was cool!

This is the cookie crust after it came out of the oven it came out so easy because the silpat liner and Mary said that she has tried it with spatulas and it didn’t work so good.  And then we have our fruit the mangoes, kiwi, and raspberries.

Then you have to put your frosting on we used this Cream Cheese Frosting but your own vanilla frosting recipe or store bought  will work too.  It’s like the sauce on a normal pizza.  Spread the frosting about a finger width from the edge so you have a crust like a pizza.

Now take your kiwi slices and put them on the outer edge of the frosting  overlapping a little.

Now your mangoes put those right next to your kiwi.

Optional to add an Orange Glaze.  This is nice if your fruit is a little tart.  Just take a 1/2 Cup Orange Juice add 1-2 Tbsp Sugar and 1 Tbsp Lime Juice and 1 Tbsp Corn Starch.  Mix well, bring to a simmer and cook until thick.  Cool and drizzle over your pizza.

Now add your rasberries in the center and slice it up like a pizza and eat up!!!

1. July 8, 2009 5:33 am

This is perfect for me to make in my childrens cooking classes..they will LOVE it!! Great color FIgtreeapps

2. July 9, 2009 7:40 am

Cute and creative :) I like how beautifully the fruits have been arranged!

3. Niki permalink
    July 11, 2009 3:23 pm

This looks delicious! I will definitely try to make this! Good work, Emma!

4. July 11, 2009 4:16 pm

What a fabulous idea! Great for entertaining!

5. July 15, 2009 8:02 pm

Wow – this looks amazing!! I have to try this, well done!

6. July 18, 2009 8:58 pm

gorgeous pic and recipe! thanks for stopping by my blog, i loved your barley berry combo, i was just to lazy to leave a comment when i snitched your recipe since i had to log in to comment… my husband loved it too, that tangy dressing with the other flavors was fab~

great looking blog you have, enjoyed my visit!

7. Rue permalink
    February 14, 2010 8:58 am

Question: At what temperature do you bake the crust and for how long? It looks wonderful. Thank you.

• foododelmundo permalink*
      February 14, 2010 10:06 am

Hey Rue ~ I always check it at around 12 minutes and then every minute there after until it’s golden on the outside and set in the middle. It’s a delicate cookie dough so be careful when you handle it. ~Mary

1. Berries and Goat Cheese Mini Pizza Recipe: Chevre, Fruit & Nut Topping — Family Fresh Cooking
  2. Ten on Tuesday: 10 Snack Ideas for Kids » Natural Waco Texas Maternity and Family Photography by Dena McMullen Photography